Our mission is to create learning opportunities that lead to personal discovery, growth, and enjoyment.
Our vision is to nurture an innovative culture that leads Franklin County residents in the pursuit of learning for both personal and community growth by upholding our Core Values, which are:
- Culture of Discovery – We believe that learning is a constant state of discovery and leads to the formation of new ideas and concepts that better our world.
- Relevancy – We believe in remaining relevant to the community we serve with a readiness to evolve and change, just as the community does.
- Quality – We believe in providing exceptional, quality service to our patrons with staff who are encouraged to grow and develop as leaders in their field.
- Inclusion – We believe learning is a freedom that is to be shared with all individuals and helps us develop understanding and acceptance of our peers.
- Community Impact – We believe in making a lasting impression on those around us by forming connections that spur change and build community.
- Hospitality – We believe in treating our patrons as our guests, creating an experience that is engaging and comfortable.
- Sustainability – We believe in doing our part to be effective stewards of the resources entrusted to us, knowing that the choices we make affect the future of our community.
2022– Listening and Sharing
- Cultivate and nurture partnerships throughout Franklin County
- Create a more user-friendly and accessible website experience at FCLSPA.ORG
- Increase public awareness of library resources
- Collect input from underserved communities
2023 – Partnering and Growing
- Enhance outreach in underserved communities
- Offer cultural programs in partnership with other organizations
- Host relationship-building seminars for the public focusing on building civility
- Encourage the use of libraries as community, civic, and cultural centers: providing neutral spaces for conversations
2024 – Enriching and Empowering
Focus on providing programs designed to enrich and empower Franklin County residents
- Information literacy
- Intergenerational programs
- Critical thinking
- Lifelong learning
- Basic literacy skills for all ages