Lilian S. Besore Memorial Library in Greencastle, PA is an official U.S. Passport Acceptance Facility. Agents at Besore can accept your application, answer any questions you may have and help you better understand the passport process.
What’s a good reason to have Besore Library process your application? The passport acceptance fee and passport photo fee that you pay stays at Besore and is used for new book purchases and programming. By choosing us, the whole community is benefiting!
Please call us at 717-597-7920 (ext 3) to make an appointment (appointments are required).
Applying for a U.S. Passport?
Passport Book and Passport Card Fees (effective April 2, 2018)
PASSPORT RENEWALS – If you are age 16 or over and eligible to use Form DS-82 (see travel.state.gov for eligibility requirements), you do NOT need to pay the $35 acceptance fee when renewing your passport; the cost to renew a U.S. Passport Book is $110. If you are eligible to use form DS-82, the cost to apply for a U.S. Passport Card is $30.
|Passport Services||Acceptance Fee||Application Fee||Total Fees|
|Passport Book||Age 16 and over||$35||$110||$145|
|Passport Book||Under Age 16||$35||$80||$115|
|Passport Card||Age 16 and over||$35||$30||$65|
|Passport Card||Under Age 16||$35||$15||$50|
|Passport Book & Card||Age 16 and over||$35||$140||$175|
|Passport Book & Card||Under Age 16||$35||$95||$130|
Keep in mind that two separate payments are required. Passport acceptance fees are paid directly to the Franklin County Library System, while passport application fees are paid directly to the Department of State. Valid payment methods are listed below.
Valid Payment Methods
|Payment Type||Accepted by
Department of State
|Postal Money Orders||YES||YES|
You may request the Department of State’s Expedited Passport Processing Service for an additional $60. Additional overnight fees also apply. For current passport processing times, please visit www.travel.state.gov.
Select, complete and print a Passport Application Form in advance to shorten your visit.
We also now take passport photos for an additional $10.
What You Need to Apply
All applicants, including infants and children, must be present.
PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP
An original birth certificate issued by the Heath Department and Vital Records Office (featuring an official seal, signature, and names of both parents. Hospital certificates and photocopies are not allowed);
- Or a Report of Birth Abroad, Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization;
- Or a previous U.S. passport. (Any previous U.S. passport book or U.S. passport card, unless it was lost or stolen. Please bring evidence in support of name change, if applicable.)
- AND Current proof of identity and copy of ID, front & back – example: valid driver’s license/State ID/Government or Military ID.
A Permanent Resident Card is also required for children of a Naturalized parent.
A completed, UNSIGNED Passport Application DS-11. The application must contain no cross-outs, white-out, or errors of any kind, and must be completed in BLACK ink.
One (1) color passport photograph, two-inches square, taken within the last six months, sharp focus with a white background. These may be taken at the library for $10.
Two parents with proof of relationship for applicants ages birth-15; or a parent with a notarized consent form DS-3053 and a copy of both sides of non-appearing parent’s ID. Proof includes birth certificates and adoption papers.
One parent for minors ages 16-17.
PENNSYLVANIA BIRTH CERTIFICATE
To obtain a Birth Certificate please visit:
Pennsylvania State Offices—most state offices have only the most recent vital records information. Check under the specific record type you are looking for to see whether you should inquire at the state office or the local offices.
Division of Vital Records
555 Walnut Street, First Floor Harrisburg, PA 17101-1914 (717) 772-3480
- Birth Certificates may be obtained for a fee payable by check or money order to: Vital Records.
- You must present valid government-issued photo identification.
- Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm, excluding State holidays.
- IMPORTANT: To obtain a PA Birth Certificate that meets the Dept of State criteria to apply for a US Passport, you must indicate that you are requesting a Birth Certificate for ‘Travel’ or ‘Passport’ purposes.
- Use the pdf form or the vitalchek website to obtain your birth certificate: Application for a PA Birth Certificate or www.vitalchek.com